Tuesday, August 22, 2006

On Her Day, She Gave Me a Gift

On the day of the wedding I was given a huge gift by my beloved bride. After everyone was seated and my attendants and I were standing in the front, I got one of the greatest gifts of all time. The bridesmaids walked down the aisle and the music came to a stop. Just then, an unforgettable song began to play and it was all for me. Leslie knows that my favorite movie of all time is the miniseries “Lonesome Dove.” She secretly planned to have the opening overture played before and while she walked down the aisle.

What an amazing woman to give me a gift on her special day. I was drawn to laughing tears as I looked around the church and saw my dear friend Glenn, who also loves Lonesome Dove, as he smiled from ear to ear. Then my brother, who has watched the series with me often, leaned over and asked me “Did you know that she was going to do this”? I could only smile and look at him with an awestruck look of “Are you kidding me???”

She is such a generous person to love me so much to give me a gift on her day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>