Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Easter Weekend

Though it has been a while since I have made time to place a new entry on this site, it has nothing to do with the amount of great things that have been happening in our lives. As I was having lunch with friends the other day, we talked about how Leslie and my stories “are a lot like cotton candy. You know that if you have too much of it, it’s gonna make you sick, but you just can’t resist because it taste so good”. (Jeff)

Easter weekend was fantastic! Leslie had the opportunity to come down to Texas for a long weekend and we took advantage of the time and spent it with parts of my family. Thursday was a great opportunity for us just to feel married. We traveled to Abilene for and stayed the night with the parents. I got to share Leslie with my grandmother as we reminisced over her life growing up on the plains of west Texas from the 1920’s to the 1970’s. Leslie got to laugh a lot at what I looked like as a pudgy little kid through Memom’s pictures. All in all, it was a celebration of merging the past with the present.

The next morning Leslie and I finally went for our first run together. We have visited each other half a dozen time and every time we talked about it, we found something that we wanted to do instead. Though my knees will never afford me the chance to do the extended runs that she likes to take, it was a gift none the less.



After a quick breakfast with dad, Leslie and I were off to Lubbock to spend the weekend with my sister, her husband, and my niece and nephew! I was so excited I could hardly stand it. I don’t get to make it out to Lubbock too much, but when I do, it always brings joy to my heart. We spent the weekend laughing and playing with Scout and Will. I got to see my future wife playing games and loving on those that are important to me. And all the while, it felt as if I were home again.
We spent Easter with the Carter’s enjoying all the kido’s and finding out what the future as husband and wife may truly look like. Oh, what a joy that it will be. I can hardly wait till the day where all will know and see, first hand, the love and joy that I have for Leslie. I hope and pray that all would be so blessed to find a partner to join with them in this battle called life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>