Monday, July 17, 2006

The Big Day is Coming!!!!!!!

What do you do when the day of your wedding is coming and it won’t come fast enough, yet you don’t feel ready either? Do you ever feel ready though? I have learned over the past month how unbelievably selfish that I am. It scares me to think how much is going to change, and yet so excited that my dearest friend will be the one to walk through life with. For example…

Leslie and I have the opportunity to move into a house vs. living in the apartment that I currently live in. My lease is up and they are jacking the price up so we started thinking about moving out into a house. Oh Lord, the frustration behind this decision!!! I would, however, finally get the yard that I have been wanting for years, have a place that I am not embarrassed to invite people to, and allow us to start our marriage in a place that neither of us have lived in. The only downfall is the cost of living. What do you do? Do you take the risk and trust that you can do it or do you take the safe road and live in a place you hate?

Add on top of all these decisions the fact that after 29 years, she and I have to talk about every decision that we make for the future. We have both been so self reliant till now that it seems like trying to stick two magnets together with the same pole facing each other. We want to connect, but with so much resistance to change it makes it interesting.

The great news is that the wedding day is coming and we will never have to live in a different state again. We will get to make these decisions with each other as a couple, bound by God, and continuing to learn to die to self. I can think of no better way to live my life. I can’t wait to share my life with Leslie and learn together all the joys of life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Ruth Petree said...

You've captured my thoughts as well...so glad there will be TWO writers in the family :-) Love, love, love...

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>