Monday, February 20, 2006

The First of Many Great Romantic Stories

On Tuesday, June 15, 2005 an outstretched hand turned dreams into reality. All my life I was taught to be polite and to greet others with a firm handshake and to look them in the eye. I never knew that at that moment I would look into the eyes of the woman of my dreams. Over the next few days we spent time engaging one another in conversation about such wonderful things like A.W. Towzer and pop culture trivia. We spent a few hours talking about family histories and counseling each other on the next few months of our lives. After only a day, it was as if I had known the woman all my life. We sat out by the pool and talked for hours about what made us tick and our passions, but it still wasn’t enough, so we walked together to our next destination, me not wanting to stop talking in fear that it would give her an out to move on about her day. Over the next day or two we stole away moments here and there to tell each other about the mysteries of the world, or just do our best to flirt like crazy with each other. I, Jason, had no thought in my head that a woman this amazing would want to see me after this short encounter, you see, my “chick radar” had been broken for years. Plus, who in their right mind could fall in love with someone as silly as I am?



It didn’t stop me though from doing my best to be me, all of me. I pushed out the voices in my head from the past about, “don’t say too much too soon”, “play hard to get”, and my favorite “you’ve got to play the game”. However, I threw it all out the window and thought, “I may only know this woman for a few day’s, I’m going to enjoy every minute of it”! But the time did end.
There was such a peace about leaving each others company only days after our time began. I felt that the Lord had given us each on opportunity to see, if nothing else, that there is someone out there worth waiting for. And wait we have. But the wait is coming to a end, as the beginning of our story really gets started. Until then…know that Leslie and I are eight months into our lives together and I am blessed to have her in my life. We can’t wait to start our lives together as one body working together for all that the Lord would have us do. While the stories will continue, I think it's only right to give you a teaser... to the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>